Wherever you are on your gender journey – from just starting to explore gender to already living your most gender-authentic life – I can support your goals and help you manage the stresses of life in a respectful, affirming therapy environment. Some common issues I address are:
- Gender exploration and identity development, including non-binary identity development
- Transition exploration and support, including informed consent letters
- Family and partner relationships
- Stress related to dysphoria, bullying, transphobia and other forms of social pressure
- Support for non-transitioning family members and partners
- Depression, anxiety, self-harm, trauma and other mental health issues
I do not automatically assume that mental health concerns presented by a Transgender client is related their gender identity. Transgender individuals may be seeking mental health care for several reasons; in addition to mental health issues relating to or resulting from their gender identity, transgender people do experience the background rates of mood disorders and other behavioral health conditions seen in the general population. While some may be seeking specific assistance for gender-related themes, others are seeking assistance with depression, anxiety, or other clinical concerns unrelated to their gender identity.
I can also help you connect with other affirming providers, activities and resources in the community.